It is a nonprofit organization led by a team of professionals with different skills and musical experiences and communications that have been strengthening a cultural initiative, VALLENATO FESTIVAL OF MAICAO BORDER CITY.
The main objectives of the Foundation are:
- Promote the Vallenato music in all its forms, poetry, myths and legends inherent in our culture inside and outside the country and support the performers in all its facets
In compliance with the proposed objectives, the Foundation of the Border Festival activities mainly directed to:
- Promote, organize, disseminate, extend and carry out the Festival on the date specified by the organizing committee, which will be held in the city of Maicao and entertainment events and activities related thereto
- Monitor the proper functioning and transparency of the different competitions that take place during the festival.
- Sort, collect, archive, protect and disseminate all written.
- Integrate or be part of any commercial companies participating in their capital, as long as the object of these societies is, or sponsorship of Festival activities and / or marketing and distribution activities of the Festival.
- Ensure that the artists associated with the vallenato music, in either case, they comply fully with the rules governing copyright and implement actions to prevent the recognition of the rights of authors, composers, interpreters and executors of the vallenato music
Since 2002 this recreational space, social participation and highlight where the best exponents of this musical tradition of keeping the races, has been strengthened through the efforts, support and cooperation of the public, private and mixed enterprises, which believes in Social Responsibility initiatives that provide spaces for people of all ages for the integration of cultures through a single language, music, with the best atmosphere, best sound, with a different proposal, worried about a excellent staging that impact and fun for all people, generate employment and citizenship.
Through the different versions of the Vallenato Festival of Maicao Border City has been the strengthening of culture, with great capacity for Call and Social Responsibility. The attendance was massive cities within the country as Medellin and Bogota, also from the coast such as Cartagena, Santa Marta, Barranquilla and countries like Venezuela and Mexico. More than 15,000 viewers a day, 1,500 direct jobs and 3,000 indirect sales increased trade, foreign investment, enhancement in hotel occupancy. This festival has the necessary maturity to transcend, confirms its way past 8 years.
GUAJIRA LINDA FOUNDATION, has as main objective to unite people, to highlight the roots of our cultural identity that is stronger than border barriers, we show that the Vallenato and Music in general as a universal language is the human expression that has no boundaries , that way we can integrate in a healthy, peaceful, free, without distinction of gender, race or nation, not diplomatic, Social Responsibility. It is urgent to look at the problems of our society, we want peace, the traveler is part of the culture of Maicaero, is part of our society, integrémonos all with the same goal, attend mass and will bring a kind gesture to protest peacefully, through Music and Culture by conflicts of Nations.
Our Festival has the following categories:
- Vallenato King
- Child King
- King Junior
- King Amateur-Professional
- Awards for Best Unpublished Song
- Piqueria Awards
Presentation is made of all organizations Vallenatos Musical highlights of the time, just as other musical genres.
VALLENATO FESTIVAL OF MAICAO BORDER CITY IS YOURS, MINE AND ALL, WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!